Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!!

What a wonderful day it was! All of the kids made me cards, and Jason made me breakfast, so that started the day off right. Church service was nice, and Avangeline slept most of the time we were there, in the nursery, so I did not have to worry about her. After church we went to Moms house to eat lunch. On the way over Avangeline talked to us, she cooed and giggled and made lots of happy noises. It has been weeks since she has smiled and talked to us. Jason stopped at Sonic to get us drinks and I crawled over the seats to get a look at her, it was the best mothers day gift she could have given me to be able to see her smile. We talked to her and enjoyed the moment. Just like Mary in the sermon, I will treasure up that time in my heart.
After lunch with mom we went home and took naps. Then we headed over to Jason's mom's house to wish her a happy day. The kids played out in the yard and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Avangeline had a very good seizure day, she was very fussy most of the day but she was also gassy. By 6pm I was convinced that she was not going to have any spasms. But around 7 she had a good little cluster. Ezra happened to be holding her, he asked lots of questions later that evening, so this became very real for him. I asked him if it scared him and he just looked at me and said "No, I prayed." Wow! How's that for a reminder of who we need to rely on? Although Avangeline was difficult to deal with, we only had the one cluster of spasms. Praise the Lord!!! It has been a long time since she had a day this good.

We will see what today brings...

3 comments:

KLS said...

He is a very smart little boy; sometimes it takes the innocent and steadfast faith and love of a child to remind us of what's important.

The Martins said...

Could you have asked for a better Mother's Day present! :) I'm so glad she had such a good day! Ezra is a good big brother...maybe he could teach Darby a thing or two about loving your younger siblings!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your mother's day was so great! God knew just what you needed! The comment from Ezra just melted me, I love to hear kids innocence. We are praying for you as you head out on the 19th.