Tuesday, May 20, 2008

On our way!!!

As we left Topeka we saw firetrucks on all of the overpasses on I70, then on the last one before the turnpike there was a flag flying. So I had to know what was going on so I called Pam, she has a way of knowing what is going on all of the time, well turned out she did not know but Joe had the info. There is a group of veterans traveling across the US, they started in Washington DC. I didn't catch where they were headed. So no sooner than I had gotten the info on what was going on, we came up on all of these bikes, hundreds of them! It was quite a sight. And one of those goose bump moments. So all the way until we got off of I70 in KC, there were people on the overpasses to cheer them on. Pretty cool...

Our trip went a lot smoother than I ever expected. Avangeline did really well. We had a lay over in Chicago, but it went by really fast. The flight into Miami was long and Avangeling was done being a good traveler. So she cried for the last 20 min of the flight. Then she cried for the hr and a half it took to get luggage, and to the hospital. She was pretty worked up and so I took a shower with her to calm her down. It worked really well, and she passed out shortly after we got out. She slept all night. I wish I would have...

No comments: